Diploma in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
We are pleased to announce that the Worshipful Society of Apothecaries will be running the UK (Independent) Diploma in Tropical Medicine & Hygiene (DTM&H) examination from 2024. This examination was previously run by the Royal College of Physicians of London (RCP).
Our DTM&H examination is designed for qualified medical practitioners who have completed an approved course in tropical medicine & hygiene or global health & humanitarian medicine (GHHM). These include the following:
- Médecins Sans Frontières Global Health & Humanitarian Medicine Course (UK) Global Health and Humanitarian Medicine course | MSF UK
- Médecins Sans Frontières Global Health & Humanitarian Medicine Course (South Asia) Global Health and Humanitarian Medicine Course – GHHM (msfindia.in)
- University of Glasgow DTM&H Course
- University of Sheffield DTM&H Course
- American Society of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene Approved Courses (satisfying the requirements for CTropMed®)
Further information regarding the examinations, rules and regulations and application process etc, will be available on this page soon.
Exam Timetable (UK hours): the exam papers will take place online on Wednesday 12 June - 09.30-17.30 with breaks.
Exam Fee: £525
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your course provider.
Guide to the Diploma in Tropical Medicine & Hygiene - incorporating the Regulations and Syllabus
Applications for the 2024 diet of the DTM&H examination will open shortly
Academic Policies for Candidates
Examination Review and Appeal Procedure The Society's Review and Appeal Procedure gives information about feedback, review and appeal. Candidates who seek a review or appeal should note that there is a fee payable, the amount of which is given in the relevant Guide to the Diploma, including the Regulations and Syllabus.