1. Caroline Apsey/David Song/Rebecca Haddow: MSP: providing vulnerable Pacific women and children with reproductive healthcare after sexual assault and in disaster situations
2. Hannah Scott: refugee assistance and health promotion, Lesbos, Greece
3. Roxanne Tajbakhsh: training disaster medicine trainers & refugee camp project
1. Zaamin Hussain/Matthew Walton: Global Charity Naya Qadam in Bangladesh
2. Kajann Prathapan: Centre for Victims of Torture in Minnesota
Valmir Selimi: Surgical elective at the Cambodia Children's Surgical Centre in Phnom Penh
Thomas Lemon: Psychiatric impact of forced scarring on ex child soldiers
1. Frances Yarlett: Demographic Health Survey in Ratanakiri, Cambodia
2. Husain Khaki: The impact of HAART availability on TB-HIB in South Africa and India
Jonathan Broad: Child Health teaching project in the occupied Palestinian Territories
David MacGarty: Rehabilitation of Abducted Children in Gulu Province (Northern Uganda)
This elective entry is now closed. Applications for 2018 will be available in January
The Faculty of Conflict & Catastrophe Medicine offers 3 annual student elective prizes worth £750.00 each for medical student electives in the fields of Conflict and Catastrophe Medicine.
Applicants must be in the clinical years of a medical degree at a UK medical school embarking on an elective within 1 year of the prize being awarded.
Candidates are required to submit an abstract of no more than 500 words outlining the planned elective and its relevance to Conflict and Catastrophe Medicine.
Abstracts should include:
Location, aims, plan of action.
Nature of supervision and security precautions.
Impact and relevance to Conflict & Catastrophe or Disaster Medicine
How the money will be used in funding the elective. Please note: the prize money must not be used on a preparatory trip.
The winners will be required to make a brief presentation to the Faculty after completion of the elective.
Contact: Goldy Gullo, Faculty Manager
Telephone: 020 7236 1189
Apothecaries' Hall, Black Friars Lane, London EC4V 6EJ
020 7236 1189